]

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

JaMarcus Russell says he'll make NFL return


2013-01-22-jamarcus-russell


Hundreds of jokes have been told about JaMarcus Russell. This is not one of them: He's planning a comeback to the NFL.

Yahoo! Sports reported Tuesday night that the 2007 No. 1 overall pick, one of the biggest draft bust in NFL history, is down from the 320 pounds he weighed last fall and is working out hard -- all in hopes that he could land an NFL gig.

SAINTS FANS: Goodell still Public Enemy No. 1




"My first year out, I couldn't watch football, but after a while I couldn't keep the TV off. I got that itchy feeling, but now I gotta watch it, gotta watch," Russell said. "The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job, and it is how I feed my family. People would say I didn't love the game, but that pisses me off. People don't know the real you, but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do.

"People are always saying that I'm a bust. I want show them I'm not. I'm committed to this now."

Apparently, Russell means it this time. A robust team of trainers and advisers that includes Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia and former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton will work as part of a team set on getting Russell a second chance at the NFL.

Russell has one thing -- and only one thing -- going for him: his age. He's just 27.

His three years in the NFL come with severely underwhelming stats, and a lot of pictures of Russell on the bench.

2007

Stats: 4 Games Played, 54.5% Completion Rate, 373 yards, 2 Touchdowns, 4 Interceptions, 2 Fumbles






2008
Stats: 15 games played, 53.8% Completion Rate, 2,423 yards, 13 Touchdowns, 8 Interceptions, 11 Fumbles

Title Post: JaMarcus Russell says he'll make NFL return
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment